West Bengal Ration Card apply:
In India, many people don’t have enough money to buy food. For those people, the Indian government has provided them with the facility of ration card, through which they will be able to get food stuff at fairly low price. But to have a ration card you must eligible.
Eligibility criteria: The first and foremost eligibility criteria is that the person should be a bonafide resident of the particular state.
There are three different kinds of ration card that are available:
· Green/Yellow cards- These are issued to those people who belong, a family below the poverty line (BPL). The annual income of these families should not exceed Rs 6400 in rural areas and Rs 11,850 in urban areas.
· Saffron or Photo Cards- Families belonging to above poverty line are eligible for saffron cards in rural areas and for photo cards in urban areas.
· White cards- These cards are issued to those families who don’t require any ration.
WestBengal is also a populous state. Here the state government provides the facility of ration card to those in needs.
Here is how one can apply for ration card in West Bengal:
· You need to fill up the application form R.O. 1 which is available at the office or the website of WBPDS.
· Once you have obtained the form you need to fill in the details required.
· You need to submit some documents with the application form which include:
o Passport size photo
o Proof of residence
o Photo ID card like voter id, passport etc.
o Income certificates for complete family members
o Age proof for family head
o Complete details for all family members with ID
o Two witnesses from applicants neighbor
The applicant should note that all these documents are to be attested by any gazetted officer, MLA/MP. Once it is done, you can submit the application form to the concerned office of your area.
Steps to check application status at wbpds.gov.in:
You can check your ration card application status by visiting your concerned office in your area or through online by visiting https://wbpds.gov.in/rptForUsers/rptRCList.aspx. Once you log into this site, you need to fill out a few details like:
· District name
· Subdivision name
· Block name
· Fair price shop
· Category of the card
· Name of the beneficiary
After filling click on the submit button and your status will be available.
wb ration card Correction process at wbpds.gov.in:
If you made any mistake in your application for ration card you can make the correction online by visiting the official website or by visiting the concerned office along with the supporting documents for the correction.
Commodities available under the scheme
Under the ration card scheme, the commodities which are provided till now are rice, wheat, sugar and kerosene oil.
These commodities are available at the fairly low price.
· For APL cardholders- Wheat at Rs 6.75 and Rice at Rs 9 per kg.
· For BPL cardholders- Wheat at Rs 4.65 and Rice at Rs 2 per kg.
· For AAY cardholders- Wheat at Rs 2 and Rice at Rs 2 per kg.
· For Annapurna cardholders- Wheat at Rs 0 and Rice at Rs 0 per kg.
west Bengal ration card digitization
new ration card west Bengal
west Bengal ration card application form in Bengali
ration card form download west Bengal
transfer of ration card west Bengal