Food security card Application:
Introduction to Food security card:
A law was signed in 2013 to provide food grains to two thirds of the population in India. Under this law main schemes were included. Citizens to avail these schemes, they need to be holders of the card called national food security card. This card is issued by the food and supplies department of India. The overall beneficiary of the card is equity in public distribution of the basic food commodities at a reasonable cost, hence this card become an important one the below poverty line population (BPL).
Importance of the food security card
- As the food security card provides many programmes for the poor population in India. The features of the national food security card are:
- Public distribution system provides equal distribution of the food grains and cereals
- The essential food commodities are given at very lower prices
- Per person below the poverty line are ensured with five kilograms of cereals at lesser cost. The prices are
- 3 rupees for one kilogram of rice
- 2 rupees for one kilogram of wheat
- 1 rupee for one kilogram of coarse grains say millets
- Free meals are provided for women who are pregnant, just delivered mothers who are lactating and few categories of children
- Women who are pregnant and lactating are provided with nutritious benefits like 600 calories take home ration and a money benefit for six months of rupees 6000
- Also the card holders are given the allowance for free medical treatment at certain identified private hospitals
How to apply for food security card:
All the below poverty line families can apply for Food security card of Telangana state 2015. So by following the below procedure you can Apply for FSC card in FSC scheme..
- First take the applicant form for Food Security Card 2015 from nearest public distribution office
- Now Fill the application form correctly without any mistake
- Entire Family details must be given correctly.
- Mention your Ward number, Door number, Panchayat name, Mandal name
- Also the Aadhaar card with valid mobile number must be written
- Submit the filled application form to Public Distribution office in the Month of October
- Submitted application will be checked and verified and then issuing of FSC card will be down.
- People with less than 5 Acres land can apply
- Family member must not be a Government or Public sector employee
- He/ she will not have his in pensioners schemes
- Income level must be below poverty line
- Family may have the old white ration card
Required Documents to Submit
This is the documents that need to attach with FSC application form
- Old White Ration card copy if had any
- Aadhaar card of family members
- Address proof, electricity bill
- Income certificate issued by the local MRO
- Filled Application form with correct details
How to get the food security card:
Once applied, it online you can check the status of the application in the same official web page of the official department. The entire process is monitored by the officers and the application if the applicants are also verified. Once verified the card is issued by postal to the residential address. Or the applicant can receive it from theward ration office.
food security card status in Telangana http://epds.telangana.gov.in/FoodSecurityAct/
food security card status